Ibstock plc’s principal products are clay bricks, brick components, concrete roof tiles, concrete stone masonry substitutes, concrete fencing, pre-stressed concrete products and concrete rail products. Our products are used in four key end-markets: New-build housing; Repair, Maintenance and Improvement (RMI); Other new build; and Infrastructure.
Our primary clay and concrete products are:
Our range of complementary products can be used throughout the construction of a modern family home:
We have a strong track record of bringing innovative products to market. Our innovations are driven by collaboration with our customers, often in response to their requirements, and we have a history of developing award-winning products. These include:
- Brick Development Association (BDA) Awards – Ibstock Brick has a 10-year track record of award wins having been in over 70 (more than half) of the award winning categories and six of the “supreme” award winners;
- Queen's Award for Enterprise – awarded in 2001 for Forticrete’s Gemini roof tile, which was also awarded Millennium Products status by the Design Council; and
- Brick in Architecture Awards – Glen-Gery has won numerous awards across a broad range of categories in the last five years
Notable innovations across our businesses include:
- Gemini roof tile – a market changing innovation in the concrete roof tile industry, creating the double lap appearance of two plain tiles with single lap tile design. This delivers customer and installer benefits, including reduced costs, quicker installation time, reduced weight per square metre on the roof and material and transport savings
- Brickwork components (e.g. faststack chimneys and pre-formed arches) – combining the speed and consistency of manufactured components with the flexibility and cost saving of on-site construction
- Thin bricks or laminate stone products – to give the aesthetic benefits of a conventional brick wall whilst using less space, with the ability to upgrade existing structures to give the aesthetic benefit of bricks
- Anderlite troughs – a concrete protection product developed with Network Rail to combine the strengths and benefits of traditional products with a reduction in weight of up to 30%. Our Anderlite troughs are a lower cost solution than alternative polymer systems currently on the market and can be used with the Anderclip system to help prevent lineside cable theft.